Hi, to begin I would like to introduce myself, my name is Gina and I was elected as the new President for the 2021/22 ringette season. Both of my children have played ringette and my daughter, Hana, will be playing her eighth season and I have been fortunate to have been a member of the PGRA Board for four years as secretary and vice-president.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank Aaron (past-president) and the 2020/21 Board for their great work during a challenging season last year with all of the uncertainty and evolving conditions during the pandemic.
I know that it is hard to think about heading back to the rinks when the weather is finally looking like summer; however, it is that time of the year for early registration to begin. The PG Ringette Board has been working on plans for next season and keeping track of changes that are being made with respect to the BC Public Health Orders and their impacts on sport. I have included the Return to Sport Restart 2.0 document that was released this past week. This is a working document where changes will occur frequently so I have included the link if you are interested in future versions (https://www.viasport.ca/return-sport). The good news is that in STEP 4 proposed for September there are plans to return to normal sport competitions for indoor sports.
This is the time to save some money and get registration for the ringette season off the to-do list before enjoying the summer!! The registration fee and payment structure are unchanged from last season.
Please go to this link to register for the PG Ringette Registration 2021/22 season!
Early Bird Registration Deadline is August 23, 2021!
EARLY BIRD FEES (Regular fee in brackets) for 2021/2022 are:
o FUN 1&2- $250.00 (Regular Fee- $300.00)
o U10- $355.00 (Regular Fee- $405.00)
o U12- $365.00 (Regular Fee- $415.00)
o U14/U16/U19/18+- $375.00 (Regular Fee- $425.00)
Plans for the new season…
- Come Try Ringette- Dates are set for Sunday August 29th and Sunday September 12th.
- Powerskating will run from Monday September 13th to Friday September 24th.
- Ringette BC and the Northern Ringette League are planning for U14, U16 and U19 Zone Teams.
- Joy Hoffman Tournament is being planned for Friday November 12- Sunday November 14.
- The Excellence Program for U16 and U19 is underway.
- An Adult League is a potential, pending Provincial Health Orders…
The Board is still looking for the following director positions. Interested? Willing? Any questions? Please just ask email@example.com.
- Director focused on Engagement and Events
- Director focused on Tournaments
Positions that need to filled that are not Board of Director positions. Interested? Willing? Any questions? Please just ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health and Safety Manager
- Equipment Manager
- Player Evaluations Coordinator (Late August to September)