Please complete the following registration as a Coach, Assistant Coach and Team Bench Staff… http://princegeorgeringette.rampregistrations.com/ and click the Coach/Staff Registration.
Thank you for taking the time to volunteer and make a difference in young person’s life!!
PG Ringette’s Coaching Coordinator is Jana Campbell. You can contact her at email@example.com.
All team staff and volunteers must complete and submit a Criminal Record Check before you head onto the ice.
- Complete a Criminal Record Check- All volunteers of the Prince George Ringette Association need to provide a valid Clearance Letter obtained through completion of a Criminal Record Check. These are completed online. Each applicant will need a code to access the site, which can be obtained via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The process is very quick and very easy. It is extremely important that all our volunteers have valid Police Information Checks on file each season. We require updated checks every 3/5 years.
Coaches aim to:
Click on the following links to find all the information you need to get you started with coaching and answers many of the questions you might have:
PG Ringette Children’s Ringette Coaching Documentation:
REMINDER: All coaches must complete their coaching courses for their respective level and role by December 15th of the season.
Coaches at the Competition Introduction level that are not yet “certified” must register through www.coachingringette.ca for their CI evaluation by no later than December 31 at midnight and complete their CI evaluation by Feb 15 of the season or two weeks prior to the start of the competition which ever comes first.
Coaches who do not complete certification required for the division they are coaching will be ineligible to participate with their team at Provincial Championships.
To check what level of certification you require, use this tool on Ringette Canada’s coaching website
To register for one of the upcoming coaching courses in your area, sign in, or create a profile, on www.coachingringette.ca
Courses & Training towards your certification:
- BC Ringette – Coaching Clinics
- Coach Initiation in Sport
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- BCRA Prevention in Motion
- Making Head Way
- All coaches and team staff must complete the Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT) online course before your first ice session.
- Make Ethical Decisions (MED)
- Respect in Sport Program for Parents and Coaches
- ViaSport British Columbia Coaching Course Calendar
(some courses are available by home study)
- National Coaches Week
PG Ringette reimburses team staff the costs of registration for coaching, ethics, prevention-in-motion, first aid and managers’ courses. Please talk to Jana before registering and then email receipt to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide any/all course completion certificates to Jana Campbell at email@example.com.
- Blank rink diagrams (PDF)
- Praise & Positive Thinking (PDF) – phrases to encourage your players on the ice
- Ringette rules – simple overview
- Sample practice plans:
- FUNdamentals 1 and 2 Resources
- Ringette Canada – Coaches
- BCRA – Coaching Resources
- Coaching Association of Canada
- Coach on the Go iPhone/iPad App
- Team-Staff Evaluations (PDF)
Emergency Action Planning
This EAP template is a fillable PDF, which means you can fill it in on your device of choice. To do so, you need to have or download Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you prefer to go old-school, you can print it and fill it in by hand.
The template is reusable—you can save it and create an EAP for each of your practice and competition sites.
You can download the template from the Resources tab in the top right or from the EAP landing page in The Locker after you complete the module.
- Updated October 21, 2022
responsible coaching movement
Rule of Two
- Here is the recording of the Rule of Two Webinar –RCM Champion Webinar Rule of Two https://youtu.be/7cpbLCieJbM
- Slides of the presentation – CAC-RCM-Webinar Rule of Two Webinar.pptx
- Links that are shared in the presentation:
- Main webpage for Rule of Two Rule of Two | Coach
- eLearning module on Rule of Two https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning
- one page infographic – a summary of Rule of Two https://coach.ca/sites/default/files/2022-02/cac-rcm-rule-of-two-infographic-en.pdf
- Policy Templates can be found here: RCM Toolkit | Coach
- Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS) The UCCMS (sportintegritycommissioner.ca)
Other RCM Information
- The recording of these webinar is available here
- June 2022 Recording of Best Practices on Background Screening.
- November 2022 Recording of You’re an RCM Champion: Now What?
- January 2023 RCM Champion: Let’s discuss Ethics Training