Hi everyone, I want to welcome players, parents, guardians, and loved ones to the Prince George Ringette Association’s 2021-2022 ringette season. Here is some information to start the season…
· POWERSKATING will run from Monday September 13th to Wednesday September 22nd. Each division will have five (5) sessions during that time. These sessions will take place at Rolling Mix Concrete Arena (RMCA).
· The City of Prince George has let us know that the RMCA main doors will be unlocked fifteen (15) minutes prior to the ice time. Please do not show up earlier than this.
o You will see an ambassador at the front doors to ensure safe access into the building and will be confirming that you are wearing a mask, have completed the online health checks, and will be asking to see your vaccination passport and government issued photo ID for all those entering the facility who are twelve years or older (12+) and are not participating on the field of play (ice).
o All players, volunteers, and spectators must fill out the online form BEFORE the ice time/dryland time: You must fill out this online form BEFORE you come to the event: Prince George Ringette Health Check Form
· The SEPTEMBER ICE SCHEDULEhas been posted to the website and on social media. The October schedule will be posted by September 15th. Over the season, you will see 1-3 ice times per week and 2-3 gym ringette sessions per month depending on age division. We are looking at keeping a consistent schedule throughout the year and making up times that are missed because of holidays and facility restrictions by scheduling ice times on Sundays.
· EVALUATIONS for U12-U19 will occur on Thursday September 23rd and Friday September 24th. You will see a two-hour time slot for each division which will include one hour of skills and one hour of scrimmage. The qualified evaluators are determined by their knowledge and experience in ringette and skills to be evaluated. Did you know that all athletes do the same drills as a means of ensuring fairness. Looking for more information on evaluations…
· COACH, TEAM STAFF AND TEAM SELECTION occurs in September with final team selection occurring by the first week of October. Wondering how team selection is done? https://www.ringettebc.
· PLANNING AHEAD…
o It is important that the PGRA supports the northern tournaments so please put the following dates in your calendar:
§ Terrace tournament is planned for Friday October 22nd– Sunday October 24th.
§ The Joy Hoffman Tournament is planned for Friday November 12th- Sunday November 14th. Volunteers are essential to make this tournament great!
· A RECREATIONAL ADULT LEAGUEcalled ‘FLEX’ is a go ahead for this season. All adults 18+ who are looking to be active and have some fun are welcome. There is one ice time per week on Tuesdays at 9:15pm. Interested? Go to the Flex Program Registration Link
· Speaking of COVID-19 and VACCINATIONS… there are a lot of questions and unfortunately, it is tough to get the answers. We are waiting to get some direction from Ringette BC and the City of Prince George arenas when it comes to the ringette as a youth sport. As soon as the Board gets some direction, the website, social media will be updated and an email will go out.
Please be patient and kind with the ambassadors, their task is to confirm that everyone is wearing a mask, the health check has been completed, and those that wish to enter the facility who are 12+ and are not going on the ice have their vaccination passport and a government ID with a picture.
Thanks and take care, Gina
Gina Layte ListonPresident
Prince George Ringette Association