The Quesnel and Prince George Ringette Associations are looking for a pivotal position that is needed for the coordination of the Zone 8 U14, U16, and U19 competitive teams. This position reports to the two boards but works independently and does not need to attend Board meetings!
Here is what we are looking for in a Zone Coordinator:
- strong communication skills, the ability to delegate and work with a team;
- experience with athlete evaluations and the Team Formation process (at any level);
- be able to dedicate at least two to three hours per week on average as well as the following additional hours during the season:
- July- Coach Selection (4-5 hours)- This will already for done for this year 😊;
- September & October- Athlete Evaluations and Team Formation (5-6 hours per week of evaluations); and,
- October/November- finalization of team rosters and season scheduling (3-4 hours) in cooperation with Association Boards and Northern League.
Some things to note, the Zone Coordinator:
- needs to be a member in Good Standing with the Quesnel or PG Ringette Association;
- to ensure impartiality, the individual should not be or anticipate to be a member of the Bench Staff; and,
- where possible, the individual should not be a parent/guardian of an athlete who will be evaluating for a team in the Zone program. We know this may be almost impossible so for those times that there may be conflict, the Boards will find a back up to assist.
What happens now? Zone Coordinators are selected by the Club Associations within each Zone through a volunteer/nomination process. Please let us know if you are interested and provide an email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know by Friday August 13th.If you have any questions, please just ask! Send email to email@example.com. For more information on the Zone program and its operations please see the link BC Ringette Zone Operations Manual