Hello all interested coaches! Prince George Ringette is looking for team coaches and managers for the 2018-2019 season! If you are interested or know someone who is, please submit your application as soon as possible. We want to get most of our positions in place shortly after the end of the current (2017-2018) season. Application instructions and further information are below.
How to apply:
- Fill out the Coaching Application Form. Please include your contact information and a short note about yourself, indicating the team you want to coach, some details on your plans for the coming season, potential managers you might team up with, and any assistant coaches you might have lined up.
- Email your application to PG Ringette Association Coaching Director Jana Campbell at email@example.com AND PG Ringette President Brenda Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If email is not convenient for you, please notify us that you will be submitting your application by mail.
- Complete a Criminal Record Check by preparing the following two documents and submitting them in person to the Prince George RCMP:
- Prince George RCMP Detachment – Police Information Check (PDF). (Print and fill this form yourself.)
- Criminal Record Check Request Letter from PG Ringette. (Obtain this letter from Dennis Callaghan at email@example.com.)
The RCMP will notify you when your Criminal Record Check is complete and your verification letter is ready for pickup. Please provide this verification letter to Dennis Callaghan as soon as possible. It is extremely important that all our on-ice volunteers have valid Criminal Record Checks on file each season. We require updated Criminal Record Checks every 2 years.
Please remember that the head coach position is a key role and we are looking for positive role models who will act and dress to represent PG Ringette as the quality and professional association that we are, on and off the ice!
Further Information and Training
All coaches and team staff must complete the free online Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT) course for parents, players and coaches. Please submit your course certificate to Jana Campbell (contact info below) as soon as possible.
There will be a meeting for all coaches, managers and interested assistant coaches during the first week of our power skating sessions. You will be contacted prior to this meeting.
For information on upcoming coaching clinics, please visit our Coaches’ Corner. Attending a Referee clinic online or in person is also recommended, especially for new coaches.
We encourage all coaches, assistant coaches and team helpers to participate in the on-ice power skating, as this is proven to help in practice planning and is a valuable tool for coaches.
If you have any questions or would like to be in touch with the Coaching Director, Jana Campbell, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 250-301-3714. Texting is preferred as it will be responded to as soon as possible.
Prince George Ringette Association
P.O. Box 1321
Prince George, British Columbia