Hello PG Ringette Members,
The Board has decided to move forward with a virtual AGM. This was decided after discussion with Ringette BC and the consideration that the likelihood of the city/province allowing an in person meeting is extremely low over the next several months. Virtual meetings have been approved by the Province and that the ministerial orders at this point supercedes Society bylaws. We need the new board in place to guide the association forward through this next season.
The AGM will be held using a virtual platform on Thursday, June 25th at 7pm. The exact platform to be used is still to be finalized and will be communicated shortly. A number of aspects will need to be conducted somewhat differently to allow for a virtual meeting to run smoothly so please review the following information.
- A platform will be used that allows members to join by computer or just by phone, and to ask questions.
- Nominations for Board officers and director positions will need to be submitted in advance and will be circulated to members for review prior to the AGM
- The following positions are open for nomination: President (2 year term), Treasurer (2 year term), Vice-President (1 year term), 2 General Board Director positions with 1 year terms (responsibilities include: equipment, social media/publicity), and 4 General Board Director positions with 2 year terms (responsibilities include: Officials, Coaching, Ice, Sponsorship, Website). Responsibilities of the open positions are somewhat flexible and will be finalized by the new board based on the skills, preferences and identified needs for the year. The length of the terms is to try to ensure a staggered turnover of board members.
- Board members who are continuing on for the second year of their terms for 20/21 season are: Dana Cole (Secretary), Helena Trudel (Registrar), Jennifer Erickson (Tournaments Coordinator), Hugo McLeod (Past-President)
- Nominations are to be submitted to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, June 17. Please submit your own name for nomination and include a short description of experience and interest in the position which can be circulated to the members (Tell everyone something about yourself!)
- The AGM agenda and all reports, and nominations will be circulated to the members June 18 (1 week prior to the AGM)
- A process for secure voting, in case this is needed for election of board officers and directors, will be established and communicated to members prior to the AGM (final details are being discussed in collaboration with Ringette BC).